A) Input Detail of member & Steel
This Calculator calculates the cutting length of circular stirrups in a beam or column. It helps you to prepare the bar bending schedule of beam-column and footing like structure.
It provides you with the total weight of stirrups and ties which will take to provide in a given length of beam or column.
General Formula to calculate the cutting length of any steel bars:
Cutting Length of bars = Perimeter of Shape + Total
hook length – Total Bend Length
Standards value of Bends & Hooks used
➢ 1 Hook length = 9d or 75mm
➢ 45° Bend length = 1d
➢ 90° Bend length = 2d
➢ 135° Bend length = 3d
Remember, d = Diameter of Bar
Steps involved in finding the cutting length of stirrups:-
- First of write the dimension of the structure.
- Note down the diameter of steel bars for which
cutting length is to be calculated.
- Now, deduct the concrete cover or clear cover to get
actual length of perimeter bars.
- Calculate the length of the hook of the bars.
- Calculate the bend length of steel bars.
- Add step 3 and 4 and subtract step 5 from it.
- It will gives you total cutting length of steel bars.