What is rust stains?
It is the same as the rust in steel or iron. Rust stain occurs when the minerals like copper, iron, zinc, magnesium, etc come in contact with concrete for a long period of time. There exist chemical reactions between those minerals present in plants or fertilizer and concrete in the presence of water.
After that some areas of concrete get reddish color, this area is known as rust stain. It spoils the uniformity in color of concrete and creates a bad appearance of the ground. Now let us see,
How to remove rust stains from concrete?
A) Method First (Using Vinegar)
Materials required:- Vinegar, Metallic wire brush, Water
- Take a vinegar liquid and pour it some amount on the concrete where the rust is present.
- Now waiting sometime around 10 minutes to 20 minutes and rub the surface with the help of a metallic long wire brush.
- It should be rubbed for some time.
- Now wash the surface with cold water and let it dry.
- After some time you will see there is no spot of rust on the surface of the concrete.
- It will be pulled out by vinegar. If there is a spot still remained somewhat, then repeat the process 2 to three times.
B) Method Second (Using Baking Soda)
Materials Required:- Baking Soda, Hydrogen peroxide
- Take some amount of baking soda and spread it on the affected surface where rust stain has occurred.
- Now put some amount of hydrogen peroxide spreading same like baking soda and wait for around 10 minutes to 20 minutes.
- Now rub the surface for some time with the help of a long metallic wire brush.
- After some time wash the surface with cold water and let it dry. You can see rust stains in concrete will vanish.
I hope this article on “How to remove rust stains from concrete” remains helpful for you.