An organized water supply system has the following objectives:
- To provide safe wholesome water to the consumers in adequate quantity efficiency at low cost.
- To make adequate provisions for emergencies like fire fighting, festivals, meeting, etc.
- To make water available within easy reach of consumers.
- To supply water rich in reliability, quality, quantity in an effective and efficient way.
- To reduce environmental pollution and unemployment.
- To improve the economic condition of the locality and maintain better sanitation.
- To protect from waterborne disease.