SPC flooring stands for stone polymer composite flooring. The core of SPC flooring is made up of vinyl and calcium carbonate powder composites.
During flooring, SPC planks are joined with one another by a click lock system. It is the latest innovative material in the flooring world. SPC flooring is the premium type of LVT (luxury vinyl tile) that is 100% waterproof.
Layers of SPC flooring
The layers of SPC flooring are given below;
- UV coating:- It is the top layer that protects the SPC planks from color fade due to sunlight.
- Wear coating:- It is the second top layer of the SPC flooring. It provides resistance against scratch, stains, high traffic,& household wear and tear.
- Film layer:- It is the printed layer and gives the desired look to the SPC flooring.
- SPC core:- It is the rigid part of the plank that is made of vinyl polymer, stone powder, and stabilizers. This layer is waterproof, super dense, and more supportive than PVC.
- Back layer:- It is the base layer to sandwich the SPC core in between. This layer makes installation easier and more affordable.
Advantages of SPC flooring
The advantages of SPC flooring are given below;
- It is 100% water-proof. They do not rot due to moisture on the floor level.
- It is washable and easy to clean.
- It is free from carcinogenic chemicals and is environmentally friendly.
- SPC flooring is directly installed on top of existing flooring & it is easy to install due to the click-lock system.
- SPC flooring material has fire resistance properties.
- It has good scratch resistance properties as compared to other similar materials.
- It is more durable and long-lasting.
- SPC flooring is able to sustain high traffic.
- Wade ranges of styles & selections.
Disadvantages of SPC flooring
The disadvantage of SPC flooring are given below;
- It is difficult to remove after installation.
- Heavy furniture or sharp object will leave scratches & abrasions on the SPC flooring surface.
- A low-grade SPC flooring may discolor or swell when in contact with moisture in the long term.
- It is difficult to repair after damage.
- No extra resale value is added.
- SPC flooring is more expansive as compared to regular ceramic tiles.
Q) What are the factors that affect the market price of SPC flooring?
Ans:- The factors that affect the market price of SPC planks are as follows;
- Types of printed design
- Thickness of plank
- Width and length of the plank
- The thickness of the wear layer and UV coating
Q) Where is the best floor to use SPC flooring?
Ans:- SPC flooring is a great cost-effective choice for the main floors of residential buildings. SPC flooring is used in kitchens, living spaces, or bathrooms. It is also best for the basement.
Q) Standard Dimension of SPC flooring
Ans:- The available dimensions are given below;
Length = 4 ft. to 7 ft.
Width = 0.5 ft. to 1 ft.
Thickness = 3.2 mm to 7 mm
Top printed layer = 0.2 mm to 0.7 mm
How to install SPC Flooring?
How to remove paint from concrete floor Safely? Different Procedure
What is resilient flooring- Types | What resilient flooring are made of?