In this article I have described about what is PCC, DPC and RCC in civil engineering. These terms are often used in civil engineering. So, I have given some pointwise explanation with their meaning, function and uses. But you have to read carefully to understand it better for practical life in construction.
The different between pcc, rcc and dpc are given below:-
What is PCC?
- It stand for Plain concrete cement.
- This is the mixture of cement, sand , aggregate and water only.
- Reinforcement is not provided in concrete while construction.
- It can not be used for column, beam, slab etc which have to bear load or tensile force.
- It can bear compressive load only so, it can be used for making floor, retaining wall, road etc.
What is RCC?
- It stand for Reinforcement concrete cement.
- This is the mixture if cement, sand , aggregate,water as well as steel rods.
- It can be used for column, beam, slab etc which have to bear load or compressive force or tensile force.
- It is more safe for structures as compare to the pcc.
What is DPC?
- It stand for Damp proof concrete.
- It is same like pcc which is generally provided below the plinth level of the building or structure. It’s depth is about 50mm. It is kept about 1 feet or according to design of structure from ground level.
- It is not constructed for bearing any load.
- As it’s name. It’s main reason to provide is to protect wall and floor to get moisturizing.
- It also prevent from capillary action of the water to the superstructure from the ground.
So friends I hope this article helped you to know about what is PPC, DPC, and RCC. If you have any question then feel free to ask.