In this article, I have described what is PCC, DPC, and RCC in civil engineering. These terms are often used in civil engineering.
So, I have given some pointwise explanations with their meaning, function, and uses. But you have to read carefully to understand it better for practical life in construction.
RCC PCC DPC full form
|RCC||Reinforcement Cement Concrete|
|PCC||Plain Cement Concrete|
The differences between pcc, rcc and dpc are given below:-
What is PCC in construction?
- It stand for Plain cement Concrete.
- This is the mixture of cement, sand , aggregate and water only.
- Reinforcement is not provided in concrete while construction.
- It can not be used for column, beam, slab etc which have to bear load or tensile force.
- It can bear compressive load only so, it can be used for making floor, retaining wall, road etc.
What is RCC in construction?
- It stand for Reinforcement Cement Concrete.
- This is the mixture if cement, sand , aggregate,water as well as steel rods.
- It can be used for column, beam, slab etc which have to bear load or compressive force or tensile force.
- It is more safe for structures as compare to the pcc.
What is DPC in Construction?
- It stand for Damp proof concrete.
- It is same like pcc which is generally provided below the plinth level of the building or structure. It’s depth is about 50mm. It is kept about 1 feet or according to design of structure from ground level.
- It is not constructed for bearing any load.
- As it’s name. It’s main reason to provide is to protect wall and floor to get moisturizing.
- It also prevent from capillary action of the water to the superstructure from the ground.
What is Mortar?
- Mortar is mixture of cement and sand only.
- It is especially used for plastering of walls and joining the bricks of the building.
- Its thickness varies from 10 mm to 25 mm.
- It prevents the structure from the outer environment.
Watch Video on PPC, DPC, and RCC
PCC full form in civil engineering
The full form of PCC in civil engineering is Plain Cement concrete. It contains a mixture of cement, sand and aggregate with water only. It does not contain a steel rod within it to bear more tensile force. But, it can bear the compressive load.
Difference between PCC and RCC
The main difference between PCC and RCC is that RCC contains steel rods or reinforcement within it but PCC does not contain reinforcement within it. So, RCC can bear the maximum tensile load on it.
So, friends, I hope this article helped you to know about what is PPC, DPC, and RCC. If you have any questions then feel free to ask.