Surveying is the most important step in civil engineering works. Before constructing any structure civil engineers have to take a survey of the land, environment, and national properties like, religious place, Lake, village, etc.
There are different types of the survey given below.
1) Land surveying (also known as Cadastral Surveying) – This survey is taken for the land for altitude, latitude, etc is known as land surveying.
2) Engineering surveying:- The survey done by engineers for the map of different structures like building, temple bridge is known as Engineering survey.
3) Mining surveying:- Survey is done for the mining purpose is known as a mining survey. The survey of land for petrol, diesel, etc s known as Mining Survey.
4) Hydrographic (Bathymetric) surveying:- The survey done for the water resources like the sea, ponds, the river is known as hydrographic surveying.
5) Geodetic surveying:- The survey done for the curved land like the surface of the earth is known as geodetic surveying. It is done for an area of more than 269 KM square.
6) Aerial (Photogrammetry and remote sensing):- The survey is done for the top view of the village, mountain, etc is known as Areal surveying. In this surveying, the survey is taken by the areal means of equipment.
7) Topographic (Detail/Tachymetry):- This survey is for top view of the mountain. It shows the nature of land in mountains reason by the use of a counter line.