Insulating material:- All those material that related or stoop the flow of heat or electricity or sound through them may be broadly defined as insulators or insulating material. In this article, I am going to tell you about “Different types of insulating materials”. So i hope you will get full knowledge about it.
So let’s move towards the “different types of insulating materials”.
1) Heat insulator:- This material is required for grant protection against heat and cold. Its material are generally porous and their Properties are governed not only by their porosity but also for the nature of pores, it’s distribution, size and whether are closed or open. A bulk density of this material is below the 7000N/m3 and it’s coefficient of heat conductivity not exceed 0.18k.
In this material are good to use in building construction, it has reduced the heat losses to environmental medium toward wall structure and a result of this material, fuel consumption is reduced. In general, they can be started that the low heat conductivity of heat insulating material due to its air-filled process. This material can be protected by the moisture. The choice of this material depends on its cost, covered area, and standards by the cost of required of cost of heat or cool.
The use of heat insulation material is rock wool, fibreboard, flexible blankets, sawdust, wood shavings, aluminium foils, the product of cement concrete, gypsum board, asbestos cement board, chipboard, foam glass, foam plastic etc.
2) Electrical insulator:- A body that can be said to possess electrification when it attracted other bodies, the attraction is a different form of gravitational attraction. Electrification is not a fundamental property of a matter because it remains unelectrified under the ordinary condition and it electrified only after electrification has manufactured by some cases.
The electrical insulators are divided into two types;
Conductor and non-conductors.
The properties of good electrical insulators are as;
- It can be very high electrical resistively.
- A resistance to deterioration resistively.
- It can be a very low thermal expansion.
- It has been non- inflammation.
- It can be high strength, hardness, and resistance to abrasion.
- It can be a low power factor.
- It is a desired chemically stability.
- It has been high moisture resistance.
Various types of insulating materials used in engineering are:-
Mica, Asbestos, Rubber, Paper, Porcelain, Glass, Cotton, etc.
So, friend I hope this article on”different type of insulating material” remains helpful for you.