Enter Dimension of Concrete to Construct
How to use this tool?
Concrete Calculator calculates the volume of cement, sand, and aggregate, the weight of steel rod according to percentage, Numbers of bags of cement required to construct cubical structural members like Beam, Column, and Slab.
Standard Data used in this Calculator
- Added 30% extra Concrete to convert wet volume into dry volume.
- Density of cement = 1440 Kg/m3
- Density of Steel rod = 7800 Kg/m3
- 1 Bags of cement = 50 Kg
- 1 m = 3.281 Feet
About Concrete calculator
The above concrete calculator helps you to calculate the total quantity of material like cement, sand, aggregate, numbers of bags of cement, Weight of steel rods, etc.
To calculate cement, sand, aggregate, numbers of bags of cement, Weight of steel rods in concrete, follow the steps below.
- Put the dimension of Column, Beam and slab you want to construct like, length, width, and height.
- Put the ratio of cement,sand and aggregate you want to use for mortar. like (1:2:3), (1:1.5:3) etc.
- Put the percentage (%) of steel rod used in concrete.
- Press Calculate button and Boom.
- Your result will shown below the calculate button.
Read Numerical Example
Q) Calculate Cement, Sand and Aggregate required in a Column.
Let’s we have to calculate, Cement, Sand, and Aggregate in the column of the grade of M20 (1:1.5:3)
Dimension of column,
Length (L) = 400 mm
Width(B) = 300 mm
Height(H) = 3 meter
Step-1: Calculate volume of concrete
V=0.4 x 0.3 x 3
V = 0.36 cub. m (Wet Volume)
Step-2: Calculate Dry volume of concrete
Dry Volume = Wet volume x 54% of wet volume
= 0.36 x 1.54 = 0.554 m³
Cement, Sand and Aggregate in column of grade of M20 (1:1.5:3),
Total Part = 5.5, and Dry volume = 0.554 m³
Step-3: Calculate ingredient
- Volume of Cement
= (1/5.5) x 0.554
= 0.1 m³
- Volume of sand
- Volume of aggregate
Step-4: Convert volume of cement in kg of cement
- Given, volume of cement = 0.1 m3
- Density of cement = 1440 kg/m3
Weight = Volume X Density
= 0.1 X 1440
= 144 Kg
Step 5: Kg of Cement to Bags
Given, the weight of cement = 144 Kg weight of one kg of cement = 50 kg
Weight of one kg of cement = 50 kg
So, No. of bags of cement,
= 2.88 Bags